Thursday, November 11
In the future, the shipping business will have an easier time breaking the ice. (Best pun I've come up with in two weeks.) In short, the thawing of the Arctic will open the Northwest Passage and facilitate the spice trade between the West Indies and Iberia. So, you see, global warming is, in fact, good.
In seriousness, though, "THE ARCTIC OCEAN COULD BE ALMOST ICE-FREE IN SUMMER BY 2100"? (Frantic capitalization added.) That's nothing that should make anyone grin all the way to the bank.
- Polar bears projected to reach extinction
- Arctic Ocean ripe for oil exploration
- Arctic Ocean to rise by one meter
- Mother Earth has a broken air conditioner
- Polar inhabitants must change their way of life